“His word is in my heart like a fire…” - Jeremiah 20:9a
Sunday July 26 - In the morning, we went to Esbir to set up for the youth conference but as we began preparing, we found out that the night before, someone had broken in and cut the sound system extension cord. A few people gathered and began praying. Despite the opposition, we found a solution and were able to lead the planned time of worship with the youth.
At the start of the youth conference, when we gathered for worship, I noticed a lot of youth that were more shy. As I was standing at the front speaking, I was able to see the way they got more comfortable, singing, jumping, dancing on stage, and praising God together. I loved being able to witness that, the love they had and the fire and excitement behind their praise.
During the message, I noticed how the points really stuck with the youth and how they were excited to participate or share what they had learned. One of the youth had even shared how he had decided to give his life to Christ.
I was privileged to see how the youth connected with each other, encouraged each other to shake off feelings of embarrassment, to just dance and have fun.
I loved seeing the youth getting excited, shouting during worship and enjoying their time in fellowship, in games and in learning. - Hannah


Comments
Post a Comment